Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Instructor Training
I facilitate SUP yoga teacher training programs accredited by the ISYA (International SUP Yoga Academy). The training is available in 3 different locations (Perth Western Australia, Sanur Bali and Hossegor France), both in English and French, they are also available in an online format.
These SUP Yoga training programs are open to Yoga teachers wanting to extend their skills with this yoga speciality program. Held over 2 days, the training incorporates practical modules, theory and assessments. It is geared to those who want to teach SUP yoga as well as setting up their own SUP yoga business. Students will be competent to teach SUP yoga classes straight after completing this program. Students are encouraged to enrol in a water rescue course in combination with this SUP yoga program. Please contact me for full details on this training program to see how you can enhance your skills to start your own SUP yoga business!
The ISYA is the SUP Yoga accreditating organisation for instructors and trainings centres worldwide.
- SUP instructor (ASI)
- ISYA accredited SUP Yoga instructor trainer and training centre
- YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider)
- Senior Yoga teacher and trainer
- Water rescue certificate (SLSCWA)
- Senior First Aid (St John’s)
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessing
- Certificate 4 in outdoor recreation (ASI)
- Coaching to enhance motivation and performance (PDT)
- Group Fitness Instructor (Australian Fitness Network)
WHAT TO EXPECT: SUP Yoga Teacher Training Level 1
Successful completion of this qualification will give you the confidence to teach SUP Yoga classes on any water surface, ocean, swimming pool, river, lake etc
SUP Yoga is classed as a Surface Water Sport. This SUP Yoga certification does not certify you to teach Stand Up Paddleboarding on it’s own, you will however be fully qualified to teach SUP Yoga.
This qualification provides the necessary knowledge and skills for the safe facilitation of SUP Yoga practices and is recognised world wide.
The SUP Yoga program is delivered over 2 days, from 9am until 5:30pm. Participants are required to attend 100% of the course in order to be recognized for assessment.
This SUP Yoga program qualifies for 20 hours Continuing Education hours with the Yoga Alliance. Program delivery and assessment undertaken by qualified trainers in training and assessing and certified as SUP Yoga trainers. This training program is accredited by the ISYA International SUP Yoga Academy, the accreditation body for SUP Yoga instructors.
Method- study mode(s)
- Program curriculum comprises both elements of theory and practice.
- Practical sessions both on the water and on land
- Theory modules utilize accompanied printed resources
- SUP equipment utilized on water and on land for simulation and assessment
- 1:1 feedback on individual progress
- Group learning sessions
- Individual competence assessment
Learning objectives- course outline
- Develop knowledge of the sport and the water sport industry
- Develop knowledge on SUP Yoga equipment including anchoring systems
- Learn SUP Yoga safety protocol and emergency response
- Operate a SUP- learn SUP techniques and maneuvers
- Venue analysis
- Apply group-learning skills
- Complete a risk management register
- Applying the Yamas and Nyamas to SUP Yoga
- Develop own business strategy
- Apply alignment principles during SUP Yoga practice
- Develop practical SUP Yoga skills
- Apply Duty of care of the SUP Yoga teacher
- Learn basic SUP Yoga poses on a SUP
- Modify Yoga poses on a SUP
- Guide meditation and mantras during a SUP Yoga class
- Identifying student skill set and modify class as necessary
- Photo analysis for feedback and progression
- Organize and complete a SUP Yoga class
- Develop a SUP Yoga sequence
- Perform basic SUP maneuvers
- Teach part of a SUP Yoga class
- Show competence in instructing basic SUP Yoga poses
- Demonstrate safety awareness
- 200hrs Yoga teacher certificate. (Yes, if you are going to be teaching Yoga on a SUP, you need to be a certified Yoga teacher first!)
- First aid certificate
- Competent swimmer able to swim at least 50 meters unaided
- Water rescue certificate (or working towards)